Tuesday, November 29, 2011

To-Read Tuesdays

This week I read
They Called It Moosicide (Denali Hawthorne Mysteries)
by:  Lisa Hal Deckert

Denali Hawthorne is 16 and lives in Alaska.  One day she comes home from school to find her neighbor lying dead in the snow-- trampled by a moose.  Except Denali's seen a lot of moose, and none of them have ever been very confrontational.  What would make a moose do such a thing-- unless maybe the moose was framed.

Denali and her brother and friends have a mystery on their hands! 

This was a fun book.  I really liked Nali and it almost made me want to live in Alaska-- but I hate snow :-)  I will admit that I thought I had the whole thing figured out half-way through.  I was pleasantly surprised to find out I was wrong.  I definitely would recommend this and I can't wait to check out the sequel

No comments:

Post a Comment